We are located in the small farming village of Correns, in the South of France, the 'Arriere Pays du Var', less than 1hrs drive from the glitz and glamour of the Cote d'Azur, you will be greeted by rolling vineyards and olive groves, you can savour the tastes and smells of this rich agricultural region and feast on locally grown food and wine. Here in Correns you will experience real French country living - Provencal style and enjoy some of the best Rose wine which comes from the vineyards around us - No.1 and No.6 listed here
In 1997, Correns was nominated the `First BIO Village in France’ and its farming community proudly produce organic wine, goats cheese, chickens, eggs, olive oil, honey, truffles and a variety of vegetables.
Activities in the Area
The area surrounding Correns is a veritable adventure playground for adults and children alike - just some of the outdoor activities literally on our doorstep are listed below:
- Climb the cliff face of the internationally ranked Vallon Sourn
- Hike the Grand Bessillon mountain range
- Kayak on the river Argens
- Cycle the winding country roads through vineyards and forests
- Mountain bike on the crags and steep forest trails
- Cool off in the lakes and rivers
- Play tennis in the village courts
- Horse-ride the forest trails and river beds
About the Area
From Correns, you are exceptionally well situated to explore this low-key département, which still remains understated, under-visited and frequently under-estimated.
Yet Provence Verte rubs shoulders with some pretty dynamic neighbours – chic St Tropez on the Cote d'Azur, arty Aix-en-Provence and edgy big-city Marseille sparkles to the west.
To the north the vast and stunningly beautiful Gorges du Verdon and shimmering emerald Lac de Sainte Croix are renowned sites for adventure tourism.
The Var revels in its relative anonymity and visitors to the region will find it's mountains and canyons untouched and its white sandy beaches pristine.
Surrounding Correns are many typical French villages worth exploring, each with its own special character, history and attractions to lure tourists, who frequently fall in love with the area and return year after year.
- Cotignac : Lovely village with a beautiful backdrop. Very well catered for with a selection of restaurants, cafes and bars, a busy market every Tuesday and Friday night market in July and August.
- Carces : Lively typical french village with centre bars and cafes. Market on Saturday mornings is always busy. Sample the fresh oysters with a glass of Rose, served during the season.
- Salernes : famous for its long history of producing tiles. Visit the museum and the many shops. Weekly market on Sunday mornings.
- Villecroze : Lovely village square. Visit the Grottos, waterfall, wonderful antiques shop in the centre and a great tea-shop in the old village centre.
- Sillans-La-Cascade : Small village with bakery & two good restaurants. A great crafts shop and the famous Cascade walk.
- Tour Tour : Stunningly beautiful mountain top village with panoramic views over the countryside as far as the coast. Great restaurants & cafes. Wonderful hotel – The Bastide de TourTour.